12.02.2009

Infants and Discipline

In the book I been reading in the second chapter it talks about spoiling an infant. How when they cry if you pick them up right away all your doing is encouraging them to cry more. One of the tips i thought was good was to discipline yourself to meet your baby's needs. Meaning that if you see your baby crying to be strong and know its whats best. If you pick them up to much all you do is get them use to being picked up. For example my cousin never let her baby cry, and now her baby is use to being picked up. If you were to set her down just for a little she will scream her head off. Now my cousin cant even get nothing done because she has to have the baby right next to her. My cousin lives in Everett and when we have family parties she never comes, because she cant stand being in the car with her baby crying. She now realizes that she did wrong and regrets it. Since her baby cant be left alone my cousin never used the baby seat, car seat or stroller even baby swing and jumper. So she decided to give all that to me, and its all brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment