10.27.2009

Baby Names

Once I found out I was having a boy, the hardest part was finding a baby name. I always had said that if I had a boy I was going to name him after my grandpa and dad, Carmelo. But everyone from my mom's side of the family hated that idea. I spent hours, days, and weeks searching the Internet for baby boy names, but there was none that caught my attention. After a couple days I came up with the names Jayden or Devon. And once again no one from my family agreed. Jayden because it was kind of hard for my family to say and Devon because it was my nephew's middle name which I had forgotten. My family then gave me a tip, to think of a name that you can say in both English and Spanish. Couple days later me and my mom were talking, I then mentioned my great grandpa's name. Then my mom told me how every time that someone in the family tried to name their son that, the kid would pass away. Then she told me about one of her brothers that was named Raymond and that he had died when he was 4 years old. I really liked that name, and that's my son got his name after one of my uncles. When I told my grandma what I was going to name my son she got really happy, which made me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment