10.20.2009

The Simple Guide to Having a Baby

I been reading a book called "The Simple Guide to Having a Baby." I enjoy reading this book not only because its easy to follow, but because it uses a lot of pictures and contains pregnant women stories as well. In the first chapter "Now that your pregnant" it talks about things like what happens during pregnancy, changes your body is going through, and questions people ask during pregnancy. The question that popped out to me the most was "What's it like being a single mother?" You see I'm no longer with my baby's father, the only people helping me out is my family, which I'm very blessed to have. I'm not even planning on putting the father on child support because I really don't want nothing to do with him. Just like he wants nothing to do with my son. In the book it mentions how being a parent is hard work and that it's a job for 2. You see I don't agree with that. It is hard work but I believe that as long as you try your best and give your kid what he needs and have people support you like your family and friends, you don't need the other parent around. But I do agree with the book when it mentioned that sometimes you feel lonely and wish you had a dependable parent. I do feel lonely at times I'm not going to lie, but then I think that god put me in this position for a reason. God believes in me and knows I can get through it, and that's what I'm going to do. I'm at New Start finishing up my credits so I can graduate, I'm working and I plan on attending College after I give birth. I'm doing all this just for my son Raymond, and to prove people that a single mother can do it on her own. In the first chapter it also talks about a support system. I have so many people that support me, even people I wouldn't think that they would be there for me. But at the same time I lost a lot of friends, and that's when I realized whose really there for me and whose not.

No comments:

Post a Comment