10.25.2009

Health Care During Pregnancy

One of the topics that is mentioned in the second chapter of the book I'm reading is, parental care. It is really important for a pregnant women to stay healthy while they are pregnant, that is why they need to have regular visits not only to check their health but the baby as well. I have a visit with my doctor, the WIC clinic, and my own house nurse at least once a month. And I also have a number were I can get a hold of my doctor in case I have any questions. With my doctor the visits are pretty simple she checks my weight, blood pressure, urine test, and listens to my baby's heartbeat. I also had a pelvic exam done around the 4th month it was not fun. My next test is going to be a blood test, they gave me a little bottle of orange juice known as glucose. I have to drink it in 5 minutes about an hour before the test is going to be done. As far as i know my pregnancy is going well other then the baby being a little smaller then it should and having low blood sugar. After the blood test visit my appointments are going to change from being once a month to every 2 weeks. At the WIC clinic is different, every time I go in I see a different person. Such as the nutritionist, social worker, or a nurse. Afterwards they give me my WIC coupons and I'm on my way home. My house nurse comes almost once a week on Fridays, with her i get to open up more. I get to ask any questions I have, and she brings me lots of stuff, like baby books, breast pumps, and lots of information on not only being pregnant but after the baby is born. I'm very lucky having them support me as well as my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment