10.30.2009

Breastfeeding

One of the hardest decisions I had to make was to either breastfeed or use formula. A lot of my friends who are now mothers told me that it was hard for them to breastfeed because it hurts so much. My mom said she breastfed all of her children and that there are so many advantages about breastfeeding. In the book I'm reading there is a big section about breastfeeding. One of the biggest advantages about breastfeeding to formula is that you save a lot of money. And as a single mother that is what I need to save as much money as I can. I also had to look at advantages that my baby had as a breastfed baby, there are so many advantages that I didn't know about. Like a breastfed babies are healthier, there are fewer ear infections, less risk of diabetes, allergy's and asthma, SIDS, and obesity in childhood. And not only are breastfed babies healthier, but they have a better brain development, they get to know you right away and feel safe being with you. And the advantages for me other then saving money is that I will have less chances of breast cancer, and loss the baby's weight sooner. The good thing about breast milk is that it is always ready when you need it and its never too hot or too cold. In other words it just makes life simpler and easier. The big thing about breastfeeding is that I would feel uncomfortable breastfeeding, it going to feel awkward. But I made the decision to breastfeed so I'm going to have to get use to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment