10.19.2009

Last Day Of School

It was the last day of school, June 16 2009 around 12 pm. I remember it like it was just yesterday. Right after school my 2 friends and I rushed down to the Public Health Clinic, only to learn that they didn't do pregnancy test at the time. We started digging through our backpacks to find bus fair, and rode the 128 down to White Center. I was shaking, nervous, scared, never thought I would be stuck in this position. We got off the bus and walked to the DSHS Clinic, went to the 2nd floor where there was a long line. I remember telling my friend Fatima that we'll just come back another day. But they didn't give up on me, Karla walked up to the front desk and was told that we didn't have to wait in line. They sent us back to a little office to find a nice lady who started asking a bunch of questions. I was given a little cup and was sent off to a bathroom. Back in the little office my friends were asking the Nurse a bunch of questions related to sex, condoms and random things, I was able to get my mind off the test for a while. Couple minutes later the test results came in, I think my friends were more nervous then me. I remember hearing the nurse say "Your due for January 23" I was in shock! It took seconds for me to react by asking if I was pregnant. Next thing you know I was hugging my friends crying, thinking what are my parents going to say or do. I needed help, needed to talk to my school counselor Brenda Espinoza. She helped me out a lot, gave me tips on how to break it down to my parents and choices I could consider. That day I went to my cousins house and didn't go home till after my brother called telling me my parent's were already sleeping. I didn't want to confront them yet, and knowing my mom she can tell there is something wrong just by looking at me. I did my best to avoid her for a couple of weeks. Wanted to get my mind set, and decide what my decisions where going to be, before confronting my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment