11.26.2009

Discipline

I started reading a book called "Discipline From Birth to Three." I enjoy reading this book because it has other peoples short stories and thoughts on it. I think it's important to start disciplining your child since they are young. Its just that people have different ways to discipline. What someone thinks its right, for another person it might be wrong. For example I'm Hispanic so our way to discipline a child is way different then how someone from a different race would discipline their kids. In one of the short stories a girl named Belia had to deal with a tantrum her 2 year old was throwing over candy. She said she just picked him up and left, leaving all her stuff in the basket. If i was her 2 year old knowing my parents they would just let me cry. Even though it hurts you to see your child cry, its the only way they will know. You have to be hard on them, you cant always let them get their way. Or they will just get use to it and keep doing it over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment