11.03.2009

Preparing For Birth

According to the book I've been reading, its time for me to start preparing for my birth. Just thinking about it scares me. Listening to my mom and family talk about it, make me not want to go through it. I plan on having a natural childbirth, meaning giving birth without using pain medicine. I really don't want to take the epidural, and a cesarean birth is the last thing on my mind as well. My mom had natural births with all her kids except my youngest brother, and that's because she had high blood pressure and my little brother was wrapped around the cord. Some risk of a cesarean birth are, pain for several weeks after giving birth, more problems with a future pregnancy and an increased risk of a cesarean for next birth. There is other risk too, but just knowing this risk scares me. One of the biggest advantages of having a natural birth is that you can have control of your body. Since my doctor said that the baby can come out anytime i already have my bags ready, one for me and one for the baby. Just thinking about it gets me so exited, just not the popping him out part.

No comments:

Post a Comment